Thursday, January 13, 2011

From Inside A Lion




painting by me, photo by shelby ursu

I am writing these poems
From inside a lion,
And it's rather dark in here.
So please excuse the handwriting
Which may not be too clear.
But this afternoon by the lion's cage
I'm afraid I got too near.
And I'm writing these lines
From inside a lion,
And it's rather dark in here. 

-Shel Silverstein

I paint from inside a lion, vomiting watercolors I don't take seriously; they splatter like jumping beans, cry like a kid who ate too many Skittles.  

 Painter Joe Sorren says  it's important to capture the atmosphere between you and your subject, the light that makes the air pink.


Study of Portrait of Painter with Brush  by Joe Sorren


I don't think I've ever done that, even with acrylics.  

Katie and I talked about our freshman years of college.   For me there was high school and sophmore year and, in between, this:


I want to delete my Facebook. Let's all do it.  Without the noise, it's an empty room; we can take off our shoes and socks and cry.  











No comments:

Post a Comment